Maintaining women’s services in your community requires a lot of pieces
You’re dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of the women in your community. You have most of the pieces, but what happens if one of your providers scales back or decides to retire?
Many hospitals face staffing strains and even contemplate cutting crucial women’s services. If you’re ready to connect the missing pieces of your women’s health services, Maternal Health Access Solutions (powered by Ob Hospitalist Group) can help. We’re working with hospitals like yours to fill in the gaps. Our custom, flexible solutions can help maintain or elevate your women’s services, improve maternal care outcomes, keep patients in the community and support nurses and physicians.
Keeping women’s services in your community
Whether you need help in the clinic or labor and delivery unit support, we’ll work with you to cultivate a solution that works for your unique needs. Drawn from our experience and success working with more than 200 hospital partners across the country, our custom-designed solutions are distinct from our OB hospitalist models. Many of our tailored solutions include a variety of offerings (such as nurse practitioners or certified nurse midwife clinic coverage), and are aimed at impacting outcomes and bridging gaps so women don’t have to travel great distances for care.
While OBHG’s traditional full-time and part-time OB hospitalist models are the right fit for many hospitals, others need something different. OBHG’s Maternal Health Access Solutions alternative options are customized to meet the needs of each individual hospital. Many of these options can be paired together.
Benefits for hospitals
- Allows you to keep families within your community, keep your services open
- Supports your staff and community physicians (Relieve staffing issues)
- Keeps higher risk patients in market
- Increases positive maternal and birth outcomes
- Creates safer coverage solutions to alleviate risk within your financial constraints
- Decreases malpractice exposure
- Supports your labor and delivery growth strategies
- Decreases payer costs
Customized model examples
- On-site coverage – We’re providing 24/7 onsite physician & certified nurse midwife support for a rural hospital struggling to find providers. Our services include additional coverage in the outpatient clinic Monday-Friday.
- Part-time coverage – Our clinicians are providing clinic coverage and handling unassigned patients, OB and GYN emergencies, deliveries, C-sections and consults 20 days a month.
- Certified nurse midwife care – To support aging physicians, ease call burden and elevate quality of care, we have certified nurse midwife coverage for two five-day blocks per month covering the clinic and OB calls.
- CNM and birthing center support – With a recent decline in OBs in the market, we’re supporting community CNMs and increasing coordination with the birthing centers 20 days a month, including clinic and labor & delivery unit coverage.
- Support a single provider and continue GYN surgeries – We’re supporting a community’s existing Family Practice OB in clinic, handling deliveries and enabling the hospital to continue providing GYN surgeries.
Contact us today to elevate your hospital's access to maternal care